Something Good


Griot has transformed me over the past two years.  It seems with every year that I attend this program, slowly I am discovering and improving parts of myself.  Last year, I began the second semester of college.  Griot helped me get through a pretty rough period.  The grades reflected a lot of my failures as a student.

Constantly it comes to mind how blessed I am to be in Griot as an intern.  How much this program means to me cannot be expressed.  In Griot I got a ton of advice on how to approach academics.  It was good criticism, but it can’t be called that.  More than less, it was a slap to the face in order to wake me up.  I am grateful for the classes I take part in, art has now become accessible at Griot.  The instructors have challenged me to become an example to youth in Clarksdale, Mississippi and embrace the responsibility.


Griot fosters young people who can express themselves artistically.  This is the main reason I admire this program, and hope to be a part of it for as long as I can, and learn all I can.



- Byron Bays, Student Intern

0 comments: